This Privacy Notice applies to your access, visitation, download, installation and use of any and all websites, mobile apps, wagering software, game software, loyalty programs, digital stored value system and/or other digital services or programs (collectively, “Services”) offered by CG Technology, L.P. or any of its parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, “CG Technology” or “we”, “us” or “our”).
IF YOU ARE DOING ANY OF THE ABOVE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND IN PARTICULAR FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA THEN IN ADDITION TO YOU READING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO SECTION 12 BELOW.
Information for Visitors and Users from Outside the United States
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND IT BEFORE ACCESSING, VISITING, DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO US AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE ACCESSING, VISITING, DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR OTHERWISE USING ANY SERVICES.
When you use the Services, we may collect information about you and we may share some or all of that information with third parties and others in certain circumstances. This Privacy Notice will give you more details and information about such collection, use and sharing.
This Privacy Notice may be updated and changed from time to time. Please check periodically for changes. Continued access, visitation, download, installation or use of the Services after publication of changes indicates your agreement to the new terms.
List of Topics with Links:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Sharing of Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
- Third-Party Websites
- Retention of Information
- Managing Your Account Information and Communications Preferences
- Changes and Updates
- Language Discrepancies
- Information for Visitors and Users from Outside the United States
- California Residents
- Questions and Assistance
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) may include (without limitation) things such as the following:
- Name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number, contact information, username and password.
- Technical data and related information, including (without limitation) (i) technical information about your device hardware and software, system and application software and peripherals; and (ii) information about your communications services, including (without limitation) internet, data, mobile and WiFi.
- Wagering communications and data relating to you or to your device.
- Information relating to the geographic location of you and your device.
- Financial account information and other payment information, including (without limitation) credit card, bank account or other similar information that you submit to us to establish an account, fund an account or otherwise pay for goods or services and information relating to your credit rating or creditworthiness.
- Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary to enable you to participate in legal race and sports betting, casino-style games or any other form of gaming (collectively “Gaming”) that may be available via the Services from time to time in one or more jurisdictions (and which may vary by jurisdiction), as well as for the administration of particular promotional events or offers, such as sweepstakes or contests.
- Information obtained from background checks for security, financial, and legal compliance purposes, all as described in our Terms of Service.
Non-Personal Information. We will also collect other types of data periodically, such as:
- Type of browser and operating system, mobile app usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information, which means entry and exit points (including without limitation referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views and impressions.
- Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users.
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other technologies described in more detail later in the Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising section of this Privacy Notice.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information and non-personal information about you for purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as otherwise disclosed to you through the Services, or as required by CG Technology to provide the Services and related products and services. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Process and manage your participation in any Gaming or other activities offered via the Services.
- Respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Create and deliver personalized offers on your interactions with us.
- Send you communications, via mail, email, text message and/or through a mobile app notification, about offerings from CG Technology as well as from third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Improve our Services, including (without limitation) to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities.
- Obtain feedback regarding the Services.
- Perform research and analysis.
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
Except as otherwise set forth in this Privacy Notice, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of CG Technology. If we disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of CG Technology, such Personal Information will be subject to the privacy notice of the third party with whom we shared such Personal Information. We may disclose your Personal Information and non-personal information:
- To Perform Services For You. We may disclose your Personal Information and non-personal information to service providers to provide us with various services associated with our making the Services available to you. Examples include (without limitation) things such as website hosting, data processing, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, payment processing, debt collection, surveys, dissemination of advertising on our behalf and other similar activities related to our delivery and your use of the Services.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may share Personal Information with parties to market their goods or services to you where we think those goods or services may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to opt out of such sharing. See the Managing Your Account Information and Communications Preferences section of this Privacy Notice below.
- Job Applications. If you submit an application or resume online when applying for a position with CG Technology, we may use service providers to assist with the collection, maintenance and analysis of candidate submissions.
- Compliance with Law. We may use or disclose your Personal Information and non-personal information as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws and/or to protect our rights. This may include (without limitation) use or disclosure: (1) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including (without limitation) public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (2) pursuant to the voluntary information sharing program established by Section 314(b) of the USA PATRIOT Act; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our rights, the rights of other users of our Services and the rights of our service providers; and (6) to enforce our Terms of Service.
- For Race or Sports Integrity Purposes. We may disclosure your Personal Information and non-personal information to our affiliates, and we or they may further disclosure your Personal Information to racing or sports leagues, conferences, authorities and regulatory or sanctioning bodies for fraud prevention purposes and to promote the integrity of the wagering marketplace and events on which wagers are accepted.
- Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information may be used and shared for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
- As Part of Corporate Transactions. In the event of a sale or merger of our company, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock or segregable business unit, including (without limitation) in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, information in our databases, including (without limitation) Personal Information and non-personal information about users of our Services, may be transferred to or shared with any successor or new owner of all or a portion of our business.
- COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
- What Are Cookies? CG Technology and its agents use small text files called cookies (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that are placed in your device to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your online interaction with us. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire) and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- Your Control of Cookies. Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including (without limitation) how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
The Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 21 (or a lower age in any particular jurisdiction if the legal age for participation in Gaming activities offered via the Services in such jurisdiction is lower than 21). We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 21 (or such lower age as may apply for legal participation in Gaming activities in a particular jurisdiction). If it comes to our attention that we have received personal information from a person not of legal age for participation in Gaming activity in his/her jurisdiction, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided to CG Technology or collected through the Services. Information may be kept on our information technology systems, in the information technology systems of our third party service providers, or in paper files. However, because no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
There may be instances in our Services where you may click on a link to access third-party content that does not operate under this Privacy Notice. For example, if you click on an advertisement or a third-party logo on our website, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including (without limitation) personal information, from you. These third-parties are not affiliated with CG Technology, and they may maintain separate privacy policies that govern the transfer of your information. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of the web page you are visiting.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal, and audit purposes, and to reactivate your user account upon your request. You may request that your information be deleted for other purposes by contacting us. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to users of the Services posted to public or semi-public areas of the Services after termination or deactivation of your user account.
- MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Services or participate in Gaming activity because such information may be required in order to enable your participation.
- If you wish to review or update our contact information for you, you may contact us at [email protected]
- If you do not wish us to continue to share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, you may opt-out from future sharing by emailing us at [email protected] or sending a letter to CG Technology, 2575 S. Highland Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 USA, Attention: Technical Support. Note that any company with whom we have previously shared information for their marketing purposes may still have access to that information pursuant to its own privacy notice.
- You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail containing special offers that we send to you, to opt out of receiving promotional or advertising emails from us in the future. Please note that we may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, billing statements and the like even if you opt out from receiving promotional or advertising emails.
- CHANGES AND UPDATES
We may, at our sole discretion, make changes to this Privacy Notice, our terms of service, house rules, account wagering rules or other rules of play for any Gaming activities offered via the Services at any time. Such changes will be available at our race & sports book at any respective, affiliated casino property and/or posted on our website at www.cgtglobal.com/company/legal and/or elsewhere on the Services. We may also send notification of any changes to users for whom we have valid email addresses, though we are under no obligation to do so. Upon any changes to this Privacy Notice, you may be notified upon your next login to use the Services and prompted to acknowledge that you have read and agree to all such changes, though we are under no obligation to do so. If we do provide you with such notice, and you do not agree, you may not be permitted to further participate in Gaming or otherwise use the Services.
Any changes will take effect from the date specified in the posted announcement on the Services. It is important, therefore, that you log in to the Services from time to time and check to see whether there is a notification of change. You are solely responsible for reading the changes.
If you continue to use the Services after the posting of any changes, your continued use shall constitute your agreement to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by relevant changes, you should cease using the Services.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCIES
This Privacy Notice has been drafted in the English language. In the event of any discrepancy between the meaning of any translated version of this Privacy Notice and the English language version, the meaning of the English language version shall prevail.
- INFORMATION FOR VISITORS AND USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our primary business and servers are located in the United States. Subject to the data privacy laws identified below, our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Nevada. By using the Services, you understand and agree that any information you submit, or which is gathered about you, will be transmitted to and stored in the United States. You further consent to the use and disclosure of that information in accordance with applicable U.S. federal and state laws, the GDPR and with this Privacy Notice. Such information may also be stored, shared and processed in any other country in which we or our agents or affiliates maintain facilities (“international transfers”). By using the Services, you consent to the collection of such information and to any transfer of the same outside your country of residence.
- a. Mexico If applicable, under Mexico’s Personal Data Protection Law, you may submit a written request to the following address CG Technology, L.P. 2575 S. Highland Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109 USA to access, correct, cancel or oppose disclosure of your data. In your request, please specify that you are corresponding regarding the “Mexican Personal Data Protection Law.” Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
- b. European Economic Area (“EEA”) – if applicable, we are a data controller for the purposes of the applicable privacy laws under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 as amended and updated from time to time (“GDPR”).This means in relation to the Personal Information you provide to us, we will determine why and how it is used.
Our Privacy Notice sets out more fully in sections 1 to 3, the Personal Information we collect, how we use your Personal Information and who we share it with. Please refer to these sections. For the avoidance of any doubt, we will only process your Personal Information, where:
- you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time);
- the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract we have with you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate commercial interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your Personal Information.
By “processing”, we mean the collection, recording, storage, use, disclosure and any other form of operations or dealings with your personal information
As referred to in section 6, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure in accordance with our internal procedures covering the storage, access and disclosure of Personal Information.
You should be aware that in territories outside the EEA, laws and practices relating to the protection of Personal Information are likely to be different and in some cases may be weaker than those within the EEA.
Where applicable, we will ensure that any international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR. If you require further information then please contact us at the address set out in section 14 below.
We will retain your Personal Information until it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was obtained, and otherwise so we can comply with any applicable laws, regulations or rules.
If any of the Personal Information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, please let us know by sending an email to the address set out in section 14 below.
You have the right to: (i) reasonably access the Personal Information that we hold about you and (ii) review, correct and delete such Personal Information. Under certain circumstances, you may request that we provide Personal Information to you in a format which can be transferred for use by an alternative service provider. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
You also have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time. Please see sections 4 and 9 in particular.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to our processing of your Personal Information, please contact us at the address set out in section 14 below.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, and the names and addresses of the third parties with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address CG Technology, L.P. 2575 S. Highland Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
- QUESTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint, please email us at s[email protected] or by calling 702-677-3830 for support.
- VERSION DATED
This Privacy Notice is dated as of May 25, 2018.